Most of the history below (to 1998) is taken from the booklet prepared for the 75th Anniversary of OLPH, celebrated by Aloysius Cardinal Ambrozic on April 19, 1998, followed by a reception in the parish hall. Updates since April 1998 have been added to bring these highlights up to date.
Pastors of OLPH
Photos of Fr. Francis Pennylegion, Monsignor William Egan, Fr. Basil Courtemanche and Fr. Wilfred Firth are courtesy of the Archives of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto (ARCAT).
- Quick List of Our Pastors
- Quick List of Priests Who Have Served the Parish
- Quick List of Priests Who Have for Many Years Been Associated with the Parish and Frequently Assisted
1923 - 1925: Fr. Francis H. Pennylegion, First Pastor
February 20, 1923
Archbishop Neil McNeil, writing from New York City, established the parish of St. Charles for the "Moore Park" section of Toronto, and appointed Fr. Francis H. Pennylegion as its first pastor. It was Fr. Pennylegion's first pastorate.
Late February/Early March 1923
Fr. Pennylegion changed the name of the parish to St. Catherine of Siena (1347-80), in honour of an Italian mystic and diplomat and a member of the Third order of the Dominicans, who was canonized in 1461. Mass began to be celebrated in St. Charles School, a two-room brick building constructed in 1881. Located on Yonge Street below St. Clair, on the south side of the roadway leading into St. Michael's Cemetery, it was the second school on the site. The original school was a one-room frame structure built around 1856. Both had been erected by St. Basil's parish, whose northern boundary was then York Mills.
The Archdiocese officially took over St. Charles School for a chapel. (A new school for the parish had opened on Garfield Avenue in January 1923.) Renovations and an addition, designed by architect Arthur W. Holmes, were made to the old school at a cost of $4,620. In August 1923, the parish borrowed $350 from the Archdiocese to pay for pews, kneeling benches and a confessional, purchased from Newman Hall; the St. Catherine's Ladies' Auxiliary paid off the debt in two years. High Mass was sung for the first time on October 7, 1923.
Fr. Pennylegion resigned from the parish. In 1926 he became the founding pastor of Blessed Sacrament parish in north Toronto.
1925 - 1930: Fr. Francis J. Morrissey, Second Pastor
September 8, 1925
Fr. Francis J. Morrissey, D.D. was appointed the pastor. Fr. Morrissey had been a professor and vice-president at St. Augustine's Seminary. He immediately changed the name of the parish to Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and began the search for a permanent site church and an architect to design it. The Archdiocese purchased property from the Gibson family at the northwest corner of St. Clair Avenue East and Clifton Road; the deed was dated March 1, 1926.
June 30, 1929
The Archdiocese and the contractor, Witchall and Son, signed the agreement to build the church. The typed estimate gave the cost as $152,000, but this was subsequently changed in ink to $154,952. J. Gibb Morton, a well-known Toronto church architect, was engaged to design the church. He chose the Neo-Romanesque style with a Byzantine flavour. Credit Valley variegated course stone with a rock face was used for the exterior walls, and dressed stone for the trim. Morton made provision for bells to be installed later in the 130-foot campanile. Bells have yet to be installed.
August 15, 1929
At 3:30 p.m., on the Feast of the Assumption, Archbishop Neil McNeil officiated at the laying of the cornerstone. A short dedication service at the place where the altar would be located preceded the cornerstone ceremony. Fr. C.S. Belisle, C.S.B. delivered the address.
March 18, 1930
Fr. Morrissey resigned from the parish and the Archdiocese. He transferred to the Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina where he served as a chaplain at Duke and North Carolina universities.
1930 - 1953: Msgr. William A. Egan, Third Pastor
March 25, 1930
Fr. William A. Egan was appointed the pastor. The church was under construction, with rising costs and the stock market crash greatly reducing the invested parish funds. The debt inherited by Fr. Egan was estimated to be between $250,000 and $300,000, said to be the largest in the Archdiocese. He saw his pastorate as one of nurturing the spiritual growth of the parish and paying of the massive debt. Through his business acumen and fiscal conservatism the debt was paid off in 20 years.
June 15, 1930
At 11:00 a.m., Archbishop Neil McNeil presided over the opening and blessing of the new church and celebrated the first Mass. The Solemn High Mass was sung, accompanied by the choir of St. Michael's Cathedral directed by Fr. J.E. Ronan, Rev. Dr. Leo O'Reilly of St. Augustine's Seminary delivered the morning address. In the evening at Solemn Benediction the speaker was Fr. S.A. Corrigan of St. Mary's Cathedral, Kingston.
April 4, 1937
The new organ was officially inaugurated when, the Catholic Register reported, "the church was filled almost to capacity". Healey Willan, the distinguished composer, organist, choir director and educator, played the new organ, and Fr. J.E. Ronan spoke about the role of music in the liturgy of the church. Solemn Benediction followed. The organ was a Franklin Legge-Eaton instrument built in 1905 for the People's Church on Bloor Street East. The church bought it for $5000 on the recommendation of Dr. Willan.
December 3, 1937
Archbishop James Charles McGuigan ordained six men of the Scarboro Foreign Mission Society at the church. One was an OLPH parishioner, Fr. John H. McGoey, S.F.M. His mother lent the family's living room rug to cover the terrazzo floor in the sanctuary. After the ordination, Mrs. McGoey remarked that it wasn't the first time she had seen her son lying on the rug.
April 22, 1946
Fr. Egan was invested in the robes of Domestic Prelate, with the title of Rt. Rev. Monsignor.
The first large stained glass window was installed in the nave. The Annunciation was the work of Marjorie Nazer, a textile designer and stained glass artist. Many parishioners did not like the window, finding it too "modern". Nazer's commission was cancelled even though she had completed the sketches for the other five windows. The firm of Thomas G. Browne Church Interiors decorated the interior; a highlight was a painting of the Crucifixion in the domed ceiling of the sanctuary.
The rectory at 78 Clifton Road was demolished and a new rectory, designed by architect Robert A. Servos, was built on the site. During the demolition and reconstruction, the clergy and the domestic staff resided at 57 Rose Park Drive, a house owned by the church. The new rectory cost about $120,000, half of which was raised by a parish building committee established for that purpose.
March 1, 1953
Msgr. Egan died at age 76. He did not live to see the completion of the new rectory.
1953-1978: Msgr. Lucius F. Barnett, Fourth Pastor
September 9, 1953
Fr. Lucius F. Barnett was appointed pastor, and arrived in the parish on September 12. It was his only pastorate. Fr. Barnett had been a professor at St. Augustine's Seminary, and had held several key positions on the Toronto Marriage Tribunal.
Five large stained glass windows, designed by F. Mayer of Munich, were installed in the nave. Several smaller stained glass windows were installed throughout the church and in the sacristy.
September 9, 1957
Fr. Barnett was invested in the robes of Domestic Prelate, and on September 28, 1957 was appointed Vicar Forane (Dean) of North Toronto. In 1970 he was elevated to Prelate of Honour.
Architect Harold Rambusch of New York City designed a major renovation of the church, in association with Roy Orlando of Toronto. Highlights were the marble altars, communion rail and baptistry, and the lindenwood statues of St. Anthony, St. Anne and St. Joseph. Also installed were the gold-leaf carvings of the Statues of the Cross, the large medallion of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, and the massive light fixtures. Rambusch and Orlando also renovated the sacristy in 1961.
The carving of Pontius Pilate was stolen from the first Station of the Cross. The replacement did not quite match the other figures in scale or finish, nor was it as imposing a figure of authority.
The sanctuary was renovated. A new freestanding marble altar table was built, and the old altar was redesigned to become the Blessed Sacrament altar.
June 10, 1973
The parish celebrated the 50th anniversary of its founding by inviting Archbishop Philip Pocock to celebrate a Mass of Thanksgiving and deliver the homily. No other functions marked the occasion.
September 12, 1978
Msgr. Barnett retired, 25 years to the day of his arrival in the parish.
1978-1993: Fr. Basil F. Courtemanche, Fifth Pastor
September 7, 1978
Fr. Basil F. Courtemanche was appointed pastor. He had been a professor, the Dean of Studies, and a vice president at St. Augustine's Seminary, and had served as pastor and associate pastor in several parishes in the Archdiocese of Toronto.
Fr. Courtemanche organized the celebrations for the 60th anniversary of the founding of the parish. Bishop R.B. Clune was the principal celebrant at a Mass of Thanksgiving on April 10, and G. Emmett Cardinal Carter at another on September 18. Several other functions were held, and a parish history was published.
Extensive renovations were carried out in the church and basement. The baptistry was moved from the south transept to the north, and a new font was installed. The Blessed Sacrament altar was reconstructed in the south transept and the celebrant's chair took its place. The altar table was enlarged and the sanctuary steps rebuilt. The renovations were done to bring the interior more in line with the liturgy of Vatican II.
November 25, 1993
Fr. Courtemanche died at age 74.
1993-1998: Fr. Wilfred B. Firth, Sixth Pastor
December 15, 1993
Fr. Wilfred B. Firth was appointed the pastor. Father had served as associate pastor and pastor in several parishes in the Archdiocese of Toronto.
June 8, 1997
Fr. Firth celebrated his 45th anniversary Mass of his ordination, followed by a reception in the parish hall.
April 19, 1998
The parish commemorated the 75th anniversary of its founding by having a Mass of Thanksgiving at which Aloysius M. Cardinal Ambrozic was the principal celebrant and homilist. A parish reception followed. A history of the parish and biographies of the pastors were written.
June 30, 1998
Fr. Firth retired.
January 9, 2009
Fr. Firth died peacefully in his 86th year with his funeral mass held on Jan. 15 at Blessed Trinity Church which he built in mid-1960.
1998-2002: Fr. Cyril Robitaille, Seventh Pastor
Fr. Cyril Robitaille was appointed pastor. Father had served as associate pastor and pastor in several parishes in the Archdiocese of Toronto.
The Annunciation Romanian Catholic Mission started using the OLPH church for their Sunday 12:30 Mass in the Byzantine tradition. Their pastor is Fr. Emil Jude.
June 9, 2002
Eight former classmates from St. Augustine's Seminary, including Fr. Robitaille and Fr. Wilfred Firth, celebrated 50 years in the priesthood with a special Mass at OLPH.
June 29, 2002
The World Youth Day Cross (for the 2003 WYD events) arrived at OLPH. After Mass, a procession carrying the Cross visited the different churches-on-the-Hill at Yonge and St. Clair.
June 30, 2002
Fr. Robitaille retired.
August 12, 2012
Fr. Robitaille passed away at age 85.
2002-present: Fr. James Hannah, Eighth Pastor
July 1, 2002
Fr. Jim Hannah was appointed pastor. Fr. Hannah had previously served as Associate Pastor of St. Mary of the People Parish in Oshawa from 1972 to 1979. From 1979 to 1982 Fr. Hannah was on leave from the Archdiocese doing specialized training in Clinical Pastoral Education. When he returned he was appointed Director of the Office of Lay Ministry and Chaplaincy for the Archdiocese. Fr. Hannah maintained that position until he was appointed pastor of OLPH.
July 24-26, 2002
As part of the World Youth Day events in Toronto, OLPH hosted three days of catechetical sessions for the French-speaking youth delegates. On the third day, Cardinal Jean Claude Turcotte, Archbishop of Montreal, celebrated Mass at OLPH. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
October 27, 2002
Fr. James Hannah was installed as pastor of OLPH by Bishop N. De Angelis, followed by a reception in the parish hall. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
October 30, 2002
A Parish Town Hall meeting was held to talk about the nature of OLPH parish, to look at our hopes for the parish and to reflect on our future. Many parishioners attended to express their views and become involved in the re-birth of the parish community. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
A series of five Lenten lectures was presented by Fr. Dan Donovan, visiting priest at OLPH and professor of Christianity and Culture at the University of St. Michael's College. The theme of his Faith Renewal series was The Creed. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
April 23, 2003
A meeting was held for all parish volunteers to introduce a new program that was mandated by the Archdiocese, called "Strengthening the Caring Community". Part of that program is the Volunteer Screening Program that is being adopted by a growing number of faith communities. The process includes assessing risk, writing position descriptions, discerning the suitability of an individual for a given task and providing appropriate training.
June 7, 2003
OLPH celebrated the 90th birthday and 63rd anniversary as a priest of Fr. John Brennan (living in residence) with a special Mass presided by Cardinal Ambrozic and numerous other priest friends of Fr. Brennan. The reception was combined with the First Annual Parish Spring Party in the parish hall, with a good attendance of about 250 parishioners. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
June 28, 2003
Many parishioners celebrated the consecration of Fr. Matthew Gyamfi as Bishop of the Diocese of Sunyani, Ghana in West Africa. Fr. Matthew was fondly remembered as an assistant priest during his 1993-1999 stay at OLPH.
A new audio system was installed with speakers spread around the church. It has significantly improved the audio quality throughout the church.
In late September, a new program called "Sacrificial Giving" was introduced at OLPH. The purpose of the program was to assist parishioners in thinking about how much of one's personal/family income one is willing to share with both our church and the needy in society, followed by a commitment to that end.
As part of the 80th Anniversary of OLPH, a project to produce a Parish Family Photo Album was initiated. Several days of photo sessions of hundreds of parish households began in early October.
February 22, 2004
Bishop Matthew Gyamfi from the Diocese of Sunyani, Ghana visited OLPH and participated at the Sunday masses. He was greeted warmly by the parishioners, especially those from his earlier years as assistant priest at OLPH. His visit was perfectly timed to coincide with the start of the ShareLife campaign with a Pancake Breakfast for the first big social of the year. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
March - April, 2004
A series of five Lenten lectures was presented again by Fr. Dan Donovan, visiting priest at OLPH and professor of Christianity and Culture at the University of St. Michael's College. The theme of his lectures was on the Synoptic Gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke). (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
May 2, 2004
A surprise reception and party was held for Fr. Hannah's 30th Anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood. With great efforts by the parish secretary Helen and Paul Zucchi, the surprise was somehow kept a secret for several weeks - until the end of the 9:30 Mass. A special collection was secretly taken up for Fr. Jim to purchase a chalice as he did not have one of his own before. A cheque was presented to Fr. Jim on May 11th in the amount of $2,537.00. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
May 8, 2004
Deacon Joey Oriasel was ordained to the priesthood by Aloysius Cardinal Ambrozic at St. Michael's Cathedral, together with his five diocesan colleagues. His mother and sisters came from the Philippines to attend the ordination. His first Mass was held at 11am at OLPH, followed by a reception to celebrate the happy occasion. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
June 6, 2004
The second Annual Party and BBQ was held after the 11:00 am Mass - another successful event. Many establishments in the area contributed food, drinks, gift certificates, etc. Raffles and jelly-bean counting games were held as well as paint-a-face fun for the kids. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
December 19, 2004
Christmas Cheer Afternoon - An early Christmas gathering was held from 12 noon to 2 pm in the Parish Hall - with refreshments and goodies plus appearance by Santa Claus. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
January 2, 2005
Asian Tsunami Relief Fund - ShareLife channelled funds to assist victims of the December 26, 2004 tsunami, which significantly devastated many Asian countries. OLPH participated in this program, collecting almost $25,000 which was matched by the Federal Government.
January 10, 2005
Pre-Authorized Giving Program - Over the past two years, the Archdiocese had introduced a program for parishes called "The Pre-Authorized Giving Program". OLPH joined this Program that enables parishioners to have their regular offerings transferred directly from their bank account to the parish on a monthly basis. Of course, the program was entirely optional. It may not appeal to all parishioners but it was made available to those who might find it to be a convenient alternative.
March 19, 2005
Toronto Welsh Male Voice Choir Concert - The purpose of this concert was twofold: (a) to provide the local community with the opportunity of experiencing the music of this internationally renowned choir and (b) to raise some much-needed money to add to our Church Organ Repair Fund. A cocktail hour preceded the delightful concert itself which was well attended by OLPH parishioners and many visitors. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
June 12, 2005
Third Annual Parish BBQ - A hot humid day didn't stop this annual Loonie/Toonie BBQ after the 11 am Mass. Many volunteers helped with the set up and take down to make this another successful event. (See pictures in Photo Gallery)
September 24, 2005
150th Anniversary of St. Michael's Catholic Cemetery - The 150th Anniversary Mass was celebrated by retired Bishop Pearse Lacey on the grounds of the Cemetery. This Cemetery was opened in 1855 in the "north" part of Toronto. The OLPH School and Church both started, as forerunners, on the grounds of St. Michaelís Cemetery. In 1860 a wood-frame schoolhouse, St. Charles School, was built there. In January 1923, it was re-opened at the present site of the OLPH School. (See pictures in Photo Gallery and brief history of the Cemetery)
October 16, 2005
Announcing New Parish Pastoral Council - From Fr. Hannah: "I am very pleased to announce that Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish now has a new Parish Pastoral Council. The members of the council include: Alain Agostini; Larry Archer; Martha Bennett; Merle Buote; John Burke; Krysta Foss; Audrey Heinz; Hugh Kelly; and David Santilli."
October 17, 2005
Fr. John Brennan passed away peacefully at Toronto in his 93rd year (June 7, 1913 - October 17, 2005). He was the former pastor of St. Patrick's Parish, Schomberg, St. Mary's Mission, St. Mark's Parish, Etobicoke and long-time resident of OLPH Church. The Funeral Mass on October 21st was concelebrated by many priests -- presided by Aloysius Cardinal Ambrozic and assisted by Retired Bishop Pearse Lacey and Fr. Jim Hannah. Internment is at Queen of Clergy Cemetery at St. Augustine's Seminary in Scarborough, Ontario. (See pictures of Funeral Mass and Reception in Photo Gallery)
January 9, 2006
Fr. Jim announced that beginning January 9th of 2006 a new Lay Pastoral Associate, Karen Corcoran, will begin ministry in this parish. Because the role of a Pastoral Associate is new for this community, the following reflection was provided by Fr. Jim about this new ministry and some understanding of the role of a Pastoral Associate. Read more
March 4, 2006
An Evening of Reflective Music in support of the Organ Repair Fund was held in the church on March 4th followed by a reception in the parish hall. Organ works were performed by the OLPH organists, Peter Daly and Boniface Fung. See pictures in Photo Gallery
May 14, 2006
Fr. Jim announced that in the fall OLPH will be initiating a process to identify and articulate a pastoral vision for the future of OLPH Parish. Read Fr. Jim's letter
May 28, 2006
OLPH Newsletter - Its Inaugural edition was launched in May, with Krysta Foss as Editor. The purpose of the Newsletter is to reflect some of the life of the parish community and beyond.
June 25, 2006
Fourth Annual Parish BBQ/Picnic - See pictures from that enjoyable day
September 10, 2006
The writeup for the Planning for the Future of OLPH were inserted in 3 bulletins.
September 10, 2006
The OLPH Organ Fund Raising was started, thanks to the generous donations of our parishioners. Numerous prizes were advertised for the Raffle tickets to be drawn on Christmas Cheer Sunday on Dec. 10th.
September 26, 2006
A Women's Faith Sharing Group, led by Karen Corcoran, started to meet regularly from September. This was an opportunity for women to listen, reflect and share on the action and presence of God in their daily lived experiences in light of Scripture and Faith.
November 1, 2006
The OLPH Parish Office was temporarily relocated to the Church Hall due to the major renovations to be done in the Rectory over the next 4-6 months.
November 3, 2006The Churches-on-the-Hill was celebrating the 50th Anniversary this year. The final event was a dinner on November 3rd to celebrate the anniversary for the church members.
November 11, 2006
A Remembrance Day Requiem Concert was held to a full house in the OLPH church. It was sung by the All the King's Voices plus the OLPH Choir. View pictures in Photo Gallery
December 10, 2006
Christmas Cheer party was held where the raffle winners of the OLPH Organ Fund Raising were announced. View pictures in Photo Gallery
January 7, 2007
A Welcome Brochure was introduced in a paper version (placed at back of church) as well as in new Section on Web Site
February 25, 2007
First survey of OLPH Web Site was carried out to get parishoner feedback.
April 1, 2007
Audio version of Homilies was made available on web site - read writeup in April 22nd Bulletin
April 22, 2007
A new Prayer/Devotion Section was added to the Web Site. Explore it
April 22, 2007
The second OLPH Newsletter was issued with a fitting name of "The Icon".
April 29, 2007
A new Church Sign was installed on St. Clair Avenue - view pictures
July 3, 2007
OLPH Office re-opened after Rectory renovations finally completed
September 9, 2007
Fr. Guenter Petricek took up residence at OLPH while helping at masses - read his biography
September 22, 2007
A meeting was held for the final phase of the Pastoral Planning for the next 3-5 years with a practical Vision for OLPH
Oct. 25 - Nov. 8, 2007
On three Thursday afternoons, Fr. Guenter Petricek covered the History of the Church in the first 2,000 years
November 11, 2007
A new Spirituality subsection added to the Prayer/Spirituality Section (Left Menu). Please take a look
December 16, 2007
Three Daily Devotions added at lower Left Menu of website - Minute Meditations, Saint of the Day, Readings of the Day. Please take a look
February 6 - March 19
A Lenten Pilgrimage of Sacred Spaces 2008, organized by the Yorkminster Park Baptish Church and joined by the Churches-on-the-Hill. This ecumenical Pilgrimage visited six churches and one synagogue throughout the city.
A new bi-weekly e-Newsletter "The Insider" was launched by the website committee. The purpose of this newest form of parish communication is to inform parishioners by email of what's going in the parish and archdiocese and beyond.
The 15th annual Good Friday Walk had a good turnout, visiting and praying at the participating Churches-on-the-Hill. See pictures from the walk in Photo Gallery
OLPH School celebrated their 150th Anniversary - see many pictures from the numerous weekend events
February - June
Fr. Guenter Petricek gave a series of monthly talks following the Thursday 12:10 mass - including Church History, Lenten reflections, about Mary and about St. Paul (for Pauline year starting June 28, 2008)
A new sub-section "Know our Faith" under "About our Faith" provides many links to various aspects of our Faith including Catholic Social Teaching
A new electronic Calendar of Events & Meetings added to website in a monthly or yearly format
OLPH parishioner and high school student Jackie de Santis had an amazing trip to Kenya in July 2008 with the "Leaders Today" program. Read about her experience with many pictures
The OLPH Parish Mission Statement was issued as an insert with the Sept. 14th bulletin - now on the Homepage of our site
January 9 — Former OLPH pastor, Fr. Wilfred Firth, died peacefully in his 86th year. His Funeral mass was held on Jan. 15th at Blessed Trinity Church which he built in the mid-1960's. Read more about Fr. Firth
March 29 - April 1 — Parish Lenten Mission. The 4-day Mission was conducted by Fr. Steve Vasek & Sr. Jean Fitzpatrick from Buffalo, NY, and supported by Mission Teams of some 25 parishioners. See pictures from each day of the Mission
April 19 — Fr. Jim's 35th Anniversary. A surprise party was held for his 35th Anniversary of his priesthood ordination - after the 9:30 and 11:00 masses. Enjoy pictures from the two parties
Dec. 6 — Two new Sections "Parish Donations & "Planned Giving" were added to our website. The first method is by Pre-Authorized Giving (PAG) or the weekly Sunday envelopes. The second one includes numerous other methods to support your parish, e.g., stocks, estate, etc.
Feb. 1 — Haitian Earthquake Relief - donations were accepted by ShareLife for relief efforts following the Jan. 12th catastophic earthquake in Haiti. A special archdiocesan collection was also taken up at all parishes on Jan. 24-25. An ecumenical Prayer Service for the earthquake victims was held on Feb. 1st at St. Paul's Basilica with representatives from GTA faith communities including Archbishop Thomas Collins.
Jan.24 — Week of Prayer for Christian Unity (Jan. 17-24) - the main ecumenical service was held on Jan. 24th at the Timothy Eaton Memorial Church. The major Christian leaders and city-wide clergy attended with Archbishop Thomas Collins preaching at the service.
- Father Francis Pennylegion 1923 - 1925
- Father Francis Morrissey 1925 - 1930
- Monsignor William Egan 1930 - 1953
- Monsignor Lucius F. Barnett 1953 - 1978
- Father Basil F. Courtemanche 1978 - 1993
- Father Wilfred B. Firth 1993 - 1998
- Father Cyril Robitaille 1998 - 2002
- Father James Hannah 2002 - present
Priests Who Have Served (or Serving) the Parish
- Monsignor John Fullerton
- Father Alphonse McNicholl
- Father F.X. O'Reilly
- Father Leo J. Murray
- Father John G. Brennan
- Father Gerard Breen
- Father Joseph Johnston
- Father William O'Brien
- Father George Annett
- Father Paul Lennon
- Father William Stock
- Father Denis McPolin
- Father Gregory Teskey
- Father Philip Wiley
- Father Ronald Krafchik
- Father Ambrose Sheehy
- Father Christopher Walsh
- Father J. Anthony MacDonald
- Father Matthew Gyamfi — email@example.com (ordained Biship of Diocese of Sunyani, Ghana, West Africa in June 2003)
- Father Deogratias Rutisaire — firstname.lastname@example.org (Kenya)
- Father Adrian D'Cruz — email@example.com (India)
- Father Lawrence Martis
- Father Daniel Donovan
- Father Joe Oriasel — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Father Joseph Ogbonnaya — email@example.com
- Father Guenter Petricek — firstname.lastname@example.org
Priests Who Have for Many Years Been Associated with the Parish and Frequently Assisted
- Bishop Robert Clune
- Father John McGoey
- Father John Moss
- Father Robert Moore
- Father John Brennan
Many other Priests were in residence and shared with the appointed Priests.