Our Lady of Perpetual Help is a Roman Catholic church serving the mid-town area of Toronto. The church is located at 78 Clifton Road (St. Clair East - Mt. Pleasant area). The parish boundaries are roughly Davisville Avenue on the north, Crescent Road on the south (next to Rosedale subway station), Bayview Avenue on the east and Avenue Road on the west side.
OLPH parish was established in February 1923 with Fr. Francis Pennylegion as the first pastor. The church building was opened and blessed by Archbishop Neil McNeil in June 1930. The present pastor is Fr. James Hannah who took over as the eighth pastor of OLPH in July 2002. Read more about the Parish History
We have shared the same church building with our sister church, the Annunciation Byzantine Romanian Catholic Mission since October 2001. Their Pastor, as of March 2013, is Fr. Ionel Maier and the former pastor, Fr. Emil Jude works as a Weekend Assistant. They celebrate Sunday Mass at 12:30 pm.
OLPH is a member of the Churches-on-the-Hill Ministerial, an historical ecumenical association of the churches in the Yonge-St. Clair area. The churches jointly sponsor several events such as the annual canned food drive, World Day of Prayer and the Good Friday walk. It comprises of nine churches:
- Calvin Presbyterian
- Christ Church Deer Park Anglican
- Deer Park United Church
- Grace Church on-the-Hill Anglican
- Holy Rosary Catholic Church
- OLPH Catholic Church
- St. John's Latvian Lutheran Church
- Timothy Eaton Memorial Church
- Yorkminster Park Baptist Church